Why Intruders Prefer Garage Doors12/01/2013 Back To Blog
Do you know how many garage doors in Massachusetts remain open or are seriously damaged at this very moment? The myth that intruders carry a small bag with tools to open closed garage doors is truly a myth because they mostly take advantage of problematic mechanisms and small gaps underneath the door to get inside a house. Many people in Newton are under the faulty impression that garage door service is useful merely to keep the opener or springs in supreme condition and they forget that this is the main way to protect their properties and valuables.
Small tricks for greater security
* Don't leave the door open for long to avoid having strange eyes looking into your private space. If you usually forget to press the multicode remote, you should get sensors, which can be programmed to activate the garage door motors and have the door closed behind you.
* Get a dog. You can also get special security systems for your door, but man's best friend will always be the classical solution that can keep intruders away.
* Don't postpone the necessary repairs. Damages on the garage door springs may be the basic reason why the door stays open or doesn't close properly. If you cannot fix the problem right away, you should unplug the opener and operate the door manually and seek advice from our company.
* When you are using remote controls to open the door, you must make sure no one is around that could possibly enter your premises. It would be helpful to put lights in the yard and around the entrance of the door.
* You should lock the door that connects the garage with the rest of your house very well or get an electronic lock that will allow entrance only with a specified code.
* If the door is too old, you should rather spend your money on new aluminum overhead doors, which can find in abundance in town, and will offer you better insulation and security.